I am so honored and proud to be able to call Ward 4 of Oakville home and hope to have the opportunity to contribute towards its growth and development in the future by being elected Town Councillor. My wonderful husband Jawad and I along with our 3 beautiful children have had the privilege of getting to know so many amazing people in the area who have become like family. Oakville has given me so much. I long to give back. My passion for community service has grown by leaps and bounds over the years Whenever there is a need I believe in taking a hands-on approach and taking the initiative to help in any way possible.
My legal background equips me with the expertise to hone in on what the town needs and wants. I am the epitome of a people's person and I want to meet my neighbors and understand what their issues are and how to resolve them. Town council is about the Townspeople, their requirements and input should be a top priority.
- Muneezah Jawad, Oakville Ward 4 Town Council Candidate
Some of the types of activities Muneezah has been involved in:
- Founder and organizer of the ‘Oakville Spring festival’ for 3 years running totaling over 5000 visitors. A free family orientated event which also promoted local businesses. Received media coverage and accolades.
- Organized Nepal Relief Fundraising $5000 for the Nepal Disaster.
- Organized Fundraising for Hospital for Sick Kids.
- Organized Food Bank Donations for different organizations
- Organized fundraising of $3000 for Rohingya Refugees in Burma.
- Organized ’30 days of giving’ and raised $5500 that went to 6 different local charitable organizations including women’s shelters, youth helplines and refugee relief.
- Volunteered at the Kerr Street mission community dinner
- Volunteered with ‘The Clothing Drive’ to help hundreds of newcomer Syrian refugees with their families settle upon arrival in Canada.
- Volunteered with My Voice Magazine, A non-profit magazine by the youth for the youth.
- Volunteered at ISNA to help prepare food hampers for hundreds of families in need.
- Volunteered with Ini-She-ative to donate toys to Trillium Health partners
- Volunteered at Project Ramadan to help prepare food hampers for hundreds of families.
- School Council Member